TSUYAKU KARAKURI C-3PO (Movie Realization) by Tamashii Nation (for Jan 2019 Release)


As much as I've always felt the aesthetic draw and desire for the "Movie Realization" line of Star Wars character adaptations into feudal Japan action figures, I've not had the pleasure to own a single piece (essentially far beyond my affordability, current or otherwise) - content to gawk at them online and via exhibition displays ... but seeing THIS particular figure, gave me a moment of "pause", but in a good way, I guess...


First off - introducing "TSUYAKU KARAKURI C-3PO"! Scheduled to be released in January 2019, the Suggested Retail Price is 9,504 yen (tax included), with this (approx.) 185mm tall articulated figure made of ABS + PVC. Includes removable fan, extra hands, with mobile eyes and mouth.


What is interesting to me, was remembering that George Lucas has been mentioned Star Wars to have been "heavily influenced" by the Akira Kurosawa-directed Japanese movie "The Hidden Fortress", and that the roles of C3PO and R2D2 was inspired by two character roles in the 1958 movie ... so seeing THIS figure coming around being depicted as a fictional feudal Japanese character, is a nice roundabout reverence manifested unto toy, IMHO.


..OR maybe I'm just overthinking a product simply because I am "conditioning" myself that this figure "is worth spending the $$$ for" ... and having blogged about this here negates my desire for it ... HEH.

BUT if there ever were a "R2D2" character to be released from Tamashii Nations tho ... then I'll need BOTH of them!


(Source: tamashii.jp)

Comments

Popular Posts